Sunday, May 3, 2009

Surprise, Surprise!!!

I can hear Gomer Pyle right now in my head, "Surprise, Surprise." That is exactly how I felt at 7:30 this morning. I woke up excited for the day and ready to share God's Word with my family at Cowboy Junction. I called my husband to get a few words of advice and to ask him to pray for me. He seemed a little groggy so I asked if I woke him up. His reply was, "No I am just passing through Jal, NM and I will be home in 45 minutes." What? He is supposed to be relaxing on beautiful Amistad Lake. Instead, he woke up at 3:00 a.m and headed home to hear me speak. What a gift he gave me!!! I always get a bit nervous when I speak in front of Ty. But today I had a boost of confidence. My husband believes in me and the support he gives is amazing. Ty inspired me today and I hope I can do the same for you. Let's get creative. Who in your life can you encourage today? Who needs a boost of confidence? I am confident that at least one person or more in your circle could use a smile. Surprise someone with a note telling them what they mean to you. Encourage someone with a kind word. Call a friend you haven't spoken to in awhile and let them know that you were thinking of them. Pop in to your husband's office and offer to take him to lunch. So many times in life we find ourselves stuck in a rut. We get up and follow the same routine as the day before. Sometimes we need to surprise our self and just be spontaneous. Everyone needs to know that someone cares and that they are of value. Who better than you to be that someone? Just recently I had a dear friend send me an e-mail just telling me what I meant to her. I was on a high for days. On Friday I wasn't feeling well and another friend dropped by to say hi and catch up. Just being with her made me forget how my body felt. When our eyes are focused on others, we forget the problems we face. Be a blessing to someone today. You may hold the "Surprise" that someone is needing.

3 comments:

  1. Good one again, Heather, and great message yesterday. Didn't know you were a magician!! jac and I are planning on hearing you again tonight. See you then!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! HERE AT WORK AND DECIDED TO CHECK OUT THE BLOG YOU WERE TELLING US ABOUT IN SERVICE....YOU HAVE A GIFT IN PREACHING AND WRITING....IF YOU CAN KEEP ME READING PAST THE FIRST SENTENCE YOU HAVE AN ANNOINTING FROM GOD.HA. YOU GUYS ARE A BLESSING TO MY WIFE AND I....

    ReplyDelete