Monday, May 11, 2009

High Calling!

What a weekend! We had a great Mother's Day at Cowboy Junction Church. We had a "High Tea Party" for some incredible women. Twelve ladies got to sit at a beautifully decorated table and enjoy a variety of teas, fruit, cucumber sandwiches, pecan tassies and chocolate truffles. I briefly shared with the ladies about the "High calling" that each of us have on our life. No matter what stage of life you are in, God has a calling for you. I've learned to appreciate this time of motherhood. I have realized that there is no greater calling than raising children who love the Lord. One day when I am old and gray, I will look back over my life and see what mark I made on this world. Though I would love to preach to thousands, pastor a church that is overflowing and see many come to Christ; I want my two boys to love the Lord above all. It is so common for Pastor's kids to run away from God and from their calling. From my own view, I know in many cases this is due to the church becoming the priority before the children. I can completely see how this can happen. Church can so easily become our life. I believe that most of us were raised with the idea that our Pastor must always be there at any hour and on any day. When we have a hospital stay, a death in the family, a question we need an answer to or an urgent prayer request; the Pastor should be a phone call away. Ty and I love the people of Cowboy Junction and we would love to always be there. But Cowboy Junction will NEVER come before Brady and Hudson. I don't ever want them to feel that ministry means more than they do. Just as you would never want your kids to feel second to your job. We are all the family of God, the body of Christ and each of us must play a part. My friend Marie was in the ER last week and she called another lady in the church instead of me or Ty. Why? Because she knew our mutual friend would pray. Ty and I carry no greater anointing than any of you. Your prayers reach God, your shoulder can be cried upon and you have an answer to somebodies question. We are each valuable to the Kingdom of God. Just like Ty said this weekend, we are Royalty. We are Kings Kids. This is a topic I would love to share more about. Please comment and ask questions. I will publish a similar post soon.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent as always Heather. I love you dearly. You are a treasure to all of us. God bless, Patti

    ReplyDelete