Thursday, April 30, 2009

No View this week!!

I'm so sad that I missed the message this week. Sunday I helped work the nursery and Monday I headed to see my parents in San Angelo, Texas. The report from others was that it was another great weekend. I'll for sure be in service this Sunday and Monday. I better be because I am speaking. Ty is headed out of town for a mini vacation with his dad. I'm so glad that he is taking a break this weekend. I believe that it is so important that we all take time out to refresh ourselves. I'm writing this blog as I sit in my pajamas at my parents' home. Taking a break from the everyday routine can be exactly what the doctor ordered. Some of you may not be able to leave town but you can take a moment for yourself. I'm reminded of the flight attendants words before every take off. If the oxygen mask falls from above, place one on yourself before attempting to help someone else. Why?? Because if you don't take care of yourself you will be of no use to those around you. So many times we feel selfish if we do something for our self. As a mom, taking a bath or going to a movie with a friend is just not possible. Too much to do. For you fathers out there, you feel guilty for leaving the family while you go on that once a year deer hunt. We all need to take a moment to laugh, to breathe or to just BE!!! I know that when I am refreshed everyone benefits. I'm a better mother, a better wife and a better friend. So to sum it all up; take some time for you. It may be just what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment