Friday, May 15, 2009

Four Seasons!

Isn't God good! Every season that comes I am ready to enjoy. My favorite is probably winter but that is because my favorite activity occurs in this season. I love to build a fire every night and cuddle up with all three boys and enjoy a movie. I love the purity and peacefulness of snow. But when the flowers come in at the local nursery, I get an aching to get dirt under my nails. Right now I am so excited for the Del Norte Pool to open. I can already smell chlorine and sunscreen. Late nights at the ball field and concession stand food. Can I hear an AMEN!!!!! Well, you may not agree with all of my likes but I'm sure you have some of your own. My last post I spoke about the "High Calling" we each have on our lives. I have discovered over time that I have a different calling for every season of my life. As a young college student, I had very little responsibility. I took care of me, myself and I. I studied the Bible often and I led studies at my church. God and I were tight. When the boys were first born, I wondered where God went. Though I had just experienced the greatest miracle in the world, childbirth, I felt alone. I couldn't see my bible over the stack of diapers and stuffed animals. Now some of you may have been able to find quiet time with the Lord during this season of your life but I require sleep. If it was quiet, I was sleeping. Today the boys are 3 and almost 6. My season has once again changed and just like summer arriving I am ready to see what is in store. The boys are getting older and I have found more freedom for myself. Life can still be crazy at times but that may never change. My point in all of this is that we must keep our eyes open for the new things God may be calling us to. I know that 3 years ago I would never have tried to start a blog. Today I am thrilled to sit at the computer and share my thoughts to all of you out there. No telling what I will be doing in 3 more years. I have learned that no matter the season, God has never left me. Isn't it funny how we allow our works to measure our relationship with Christ? God thinks it is funny too. I am living the life He gave me and He enjoys watching me live it. The seasons will change before we know it. Just when summer ends fall will begin. Oh, how I love to see the leaves change and feel the cool breeze in the air. God knows what we need and when we need it. Trust Him with your life and there is no telling which direction the wind will blow.

1 comment:

  1. That's a BIG AMEN!! Awesome thoughts for all of us to take in!! All of our Christian life we are taught to READ OUR BIBLE, and somewhere along the way, it made us think that this, and other specific "works", is what makes us have a relationship w/ God!! Reading is of course what teaches us about God, but it's not a measure of our relationship w/ Him or how much He loves us. He loved us BEFORE WE DID ANYTHING!!!!!! Thank you Heather for making all of us use the brain that God gave us! Love you!

    ReplyDelete