Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Simple Things!

Isn't it tough to work all day long and then make sure your family eats healthy? There is nothing better than knowing your family has had a hearty meal. You feel a sense of accomplishment. These past 2 days have been crazy for me. Did I say days? I meant weeks. Sometimes I feel like I am walking through a fog and I can't wait for it to lift. It is so cliche' to say "Just slow down". We would all love to slow down but sometimes there are seasons of life that will not allow us that luxury. I know with two little boys I don't find much down time. I wrote a few days ago about taking a break and getting away. The break was great but I needed another one the day I got home. Isn't life funny??? So today I thought I would share another recipe. Much different than dear ole' Rachel Ray. Her ingredient list is a mile long. This recipe calls for very few ingredients but loads of flavor. I could eat this rice for every meal. So if your life is as busy as mine, find some simple things in life that will make your life much easier. By the way, mine is in the oven.


Chicken and Rice

2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans water
2 cans Minute rice
10 chicken tenders
salt
pepper

In a 9x13" pan empty 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and rinse each can with a can of water. Salt and pepper soup to your preference. Add 2 cans of minute rice and combine. Salt and pepper your chicken tenders on both sides and place on top of rice mixture. Cover with foil and bake at 350* for 1 hour. Serve with green beans, corn, salad and rolls. It can be eaten by itself as well. Easy, easy and my family loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment