Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The View From My Seat!

I have to say that this weekends message spoke personally to me. It was perfectly clear to me that a lack of vision will lead to a loss of freedom which eventually leads you to feeling stuck in the grind. Ty ended his series on Samson this weekend. Samson was called to a great purpose and God had given him supernatural ability. But near the end of his life, he allowed attractions of this world to pull him into disobedience. He knew God's voice. He knew his purpose in this life. But somewhere along the way he was pulled by things that tickled his fancy. Have you ever felt pulled? It happens to all of us. The enemy is no respector of persons. If he can blind a teacher, a mechanic or a pastor, he will. It doesn't matter your race, your profession or your gender. The enemy wants to take your purpose that God has put in you and destroy it. He wants to blind you, take away your freedom and put you in a place of hopelessness. WOW! I knew all this but it just hit me differently because of this message. Take your marriage for instance. If you don't have a vision, a hope, a plan for your marriage, you will eventually feel trapped and without hope. You have to see your marriage not where it is but where you want it to be. See your marriage where you know God has called it to be. Proverbs 29:18 says,"where there is no vision, the people perish." I don't know about you but I want to LIVE! Samson was defeated by the very people he was called to conquer. God had given him a supernatural strength to defeat the philistines. But he gave into his weakness and his enemy defeated him. They plucked out his eyes, they bound his hands and he was left to grind wheat for the rest of his life. My favorite part of this story is the ending. Samson prayed a simple prayer. In Judges 16:28, he said "Oh God, remember me. Strengthen me just once more." And God did just that. He returned his gift of supernatural strength to Samson once again and he defeated more Philistines on that day than he had his entire life. Our God is faithful. Our God restores. God has placed a purpose in each of us. It was there before you were ever born. It doesn't matter how far away you have walked from God's perfect plan. It is never too late to come back. God will restore the sight of the blind. He will set the captives free. He will give purpose back to those who have lost it. Don't be like Samson and pray your prayer at the end of your life. Get real with God today!

1 comment:

  1. THIS SUNDAY WAS GREAT. I WANT MY HUSBAND TO LISTEN TO THE SAMSON SERIES, HE HAS BEEN SO DISHEARTENED AT WORK, HE KNOWS IT IS WHERE GOD WANTS HIM TO BE, BUT HE IS JUST FEELING LIKE THEY ARE TAKING HIM FOR GRANTED. I THINK TY'S MESSAGE WILL HELP HIM SO MUCH. I TOLD HIM KEEP HIS FAITH IN GOD'S TIME, IT WILL ALL BE OKAY. I LOVE THAT WE CAN LISTEN ON PODCAST TOGETHER. AND USE MY NOTES THAT I HAVE TAKEN TO DISCUSS. SOMETHING WE NEVER WOULD HAVE DONE BEFORE WE STARTED GOING TO CJC, THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH, YOUR HONESTY, FOR KEEPING IT REAL, AND BOTH OF YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION.

    ReplyDelete