Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Part Of A Family

I have so many thoughts to blog on that sometimes I don't know if I should journal a thought and keep it private or share it. So today I hope I have made the right decision. Ty and I are going on 10 years that we have been the Pastors of CJC. He had almost two years on me before we married. Before marrying Ty, I was very involved with Christian Center Church. My grandfather started this church in the early 70's and I never knew anything different. So needless to say, attending church has always been a part of my life. I have definitely had moments of frustration, sadness and anger (don't tell anyone). But for the most part I have had many wonderful times working in and with the institutional church. I can't imagine my life without the weekly fellowship I have grown to love. To me church is an avenue to grow, fellowship and serve. There is one thing that has always bugged me. And I would love your thoughts as well. Most people attend their local church to grow in the Word, to say they attended church and to occasionally fellowship with a few close friends. My concern is that many times servanthood is not important to the believer. We get into the mind set that church is here to serve me, to feed me, and to bless me. I am a firm believer that once you receive Christ as your Savior you will begin to grow through serving. I have never wanted to be a part of a local Country Club. I see CJC as a Covert Operation Station. We come together, hear the Word of God, pray, worship and then serve others. I want others to know what I know. If they don't know Christ, I want to help them find Him. The church is a family. They are my family. If you have ever attended church and you never felt a fit, I challenge you to take a step and get involved. Don't show up on a Sunday morning and leave without being noticed. Talk to someone, volunteer your time, share a kind word to someone hurting, pray with someone. Let God use you and be a part of a bigger family. The only benefit I find in having so many churches in one town is that everyone can find someplace to belong. You fit somewhere and you are called to minister to someone. Serve and see your walk grow.

3 comments:

  1. WHEW! This is GOOD...You can't take it all in without sharing, you have to stay "spiritually fit" and if you don't share you get "spiritually fat" good words Heather! You always pump me up! Love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather for sharing your thoughts, I always love to hear what's on your mind and heart. You are right about much bigger than a church. I feel like Cowboy Junction is the church my family belongs to and it has been a long hard road to find one we fit in. I love to go to CJC because it keeps me focused on what God is doing in our lives, in so many ways it has made us a stronger family unit and stronger in our marriage. Missing church makes my whole week off. I have a heart that wants to help people and do for people and that is what CJC feeds in me, it keeps my heart pure and keeps me on track to what God has planned for me. Thanks again so much, we love you and were so Blessed to become part of the CJC family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I am so glad you blogged about this! George and I were just talking about it today when we pulled into the church parking lot for our work day. We have been going to CJC for a year now, and let me tell everyone, we have seen the blessings in our lives explode! The way we see it, God has blessed us and our family through CJC and we need to be a blessing right back so others can get in on it too! Once you start to feel the love and goodness, you can't keep it all to yourself, you need to pass it on!
    Misty

    ReplyDelete