Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Guest Blogger- La'Jeana Stroh

Luke 6:38
Pressed Down, Shaken Together, and Running Over

First of all I would like to say thank you to Heather for allowing me to post on her blog. I am honored. Today I am sharing a testimony that I hope will be a reminder of the God that we serve. A God that is good and does great things for His people.
Shane and I have taken over the Junction City Kids Church pastor position. This was a giant step for us but it has been a step that was God ordained and I see His fingerprints all over our lives. Not because of who we are but because of who He is through us. It is amazing to see the children at Cowboy Junction learning and growing. If you have children who attend our kids church then please let me take this time to say... Your kids ROCK!! Ok back to the subject!
We had seen a need arise for a keyboard in kids church. Some of the songs that we sing are too fast or just lack the interaction of person with child. I play the keyboard and the wheels began to turn... I NEEDED a keyboard. So like I usually do I tried to make it happen. I talked to Shane and ask him if we could personally purchase a keyboard to use in kids church. Of course he said yes. I found the keyboard I wanted. A Yamaha keyboard with all the bells and whistles.. full size piano keys.. and a new touch sensor that makes it more like a piano than ever! It was awesome. I pushed the add to shopping cart... What comes next you may recognize, " Internet Explorer has encountered a problem" and my entire computer shut down!
For a few more days I wrestled with this purchase. By the way this is not like me, once I get the Ok from Shane I am typically off and running with any purchase! :)
That night I was at Clay's "my son's" baseball game when I got a call from Dimitra. She is the guitarist from the worship team and she told me she had a keyboard in her back seat. What!! Was she serious. She said she didn't know how nice it was but that she had asked a family about it and they said they never play it so it was hers if she wanted it. What!!
I was so excited and thankful I had not gone with MY plan to buy a keyboard. God had a much better plan. Here it comes SO GET READY. When Dimitra showed me the keyboard I took one look at it and I knew... its was exactly the one I had placed in my shopping cart. Other than the color exactly!!
So to tie this story all together and explain my title. God is good! He wants to give us our hearts desires! He wants to bless us above what we could hope or ask for! He wants to bless us pressed down, shaken together, and running over. God bless you!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Job LaJeana. I am so blessed by your friendship and your wisdom. You are an amazing woman of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LaJeana, I so enjoyed your testimony! We (I) so often get an "OK" and am off and running only to figure out that this was not God's best for me! Thank you for sharing-I am slowing down TODAY because of your sweet words! Thank you,Heather for sharing! Remember, I have heard you play-the children will be blessed! Love you, sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. LaJeana,
    I enjoyed your sweet testimony. Cole and I encountered the same experience yesterday. Cole had all his lawn mowing equipment stolen out of his truck. God came to the rescue through his people. We had so many things replaced free of charge. What a mighty God we serve! I will continue to pray for the children's church and that God will keep working in your life!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete