Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Gift!

I am reminded so often of how very blessed that I am. I look at things a bit differently than I ever have before. The other night I was watching a television show with Ty and the boys fell asleep in their beds before I could kiss them goodnight. After the show, I went to my room to get ready for bed. I pulled back the covers and began to get in when I thought about those kisses I missed giving. I was so tired and I knew the boys wouldn't know one way or the other. I didn't get one foot in bed before I thought about how soon these days would be gone. I sprinted to their room to find my two little guys in a deep sleep. I kissed them both and whispered in their ears "I love you". This afternoon was absolutely gorgeous. I planted flowers in my flower beds and used my CJC Mother's Day gloves so that I wouldn't get dirt under my nails. When I finished, I looked over at the freshly cut grass and thought that would be a nice place to rest. I laid back on the prickly green carpet and listened to the birds chirp and looked up at the clearest blue sky. It was incredible. I say all this because here lately I am reminded that every moment without pain is a gift. Every moment with great health is a gift. Every moment that you have your children protected in your arms is a gift. We have so many gifts in our life that we take for granted. Take some time to look around and see what you are missing. Take a long walk and appreciate a windless day. Kiss your husband and be thankful you have someone to curl up to at night. I don't care where you come from or what your situation is, you have been given many gifts. Recognize them, enjoy them and never forget who gave them to you.

3 comments:

  1. Amen Heather it is truly the small things in life that we need to learn to be thankful for. I am so blessed everytime I look at each one of my children, and I am still able to kiss them and hug them. I love being a member of CJC. I have to many blessings to name. GOD is GOOD!! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you share, it does a wonderful work on my soul. Thank you for your tenderness, wisdom, and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is EXACTLY what I wrote in the Srs. books! The older I get, the more I slow down and "smell the roses"! Each day is a gift! I am totally blessed!! AND you are a blessing to me! love you! sally

    ReplyDelete