Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The View From My Seat!

What an amazing Sunday and Monday service. Once again, Praise and Worship was incredible. Lesley's song before Ty spoke was just beautiful. I think of how blessed we are to have such an incredible team of musicians. Our volunteers were all working so hard this weekend. They work so hard because they love to serve. They give unselfishly of their time and energy. Not to mention the thirty people that showed up on Saturday to clean the church and the surrounding area. Eggs were stuffed, stage was mopped, trashcans cleaned, litter picked up, classrooms organized, wood was dusted and the list continues. All I can say is,"Wow." The church never ceases to amaze me. And then there is the Word that Ty delivered. I have never heard salvation explained that way. But it is so true. I personally know many people who refuse to give their life to Christ because of obstacles. They have unanswered questions that "seem" too big for God. Therefore, how can they give their life to Him? If you can't wrap your head around certain things, can you possibly trust God with your LIFE? Ty made the point that if you would start with a personal relationship first, then the obstacles wouldn't seem so big after all. It is all about making Christ personal. He is not just "his" God but He is "my" God too. When things become personal it becomes a matter of the heart instead of the head. I swear the mind is one of our biggest enemies. I just recently finished reading, "Battlefield of the Mind," by Joyce Meyer. If you are like me and you struggle with your thoughts, I highly recommend reading this book. We can't serve God with our mind and be successful. Faith is not logical and yet as Christians we know that it works. But until you take a blind step you will never experience the fullness found in Christ. Faith first Answers second. Get a hold of your mind and give God your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment