Tuesday, April 20, 2010

He Never Changes!

Last night during Praise and Worship I was feeling low. I know we have all had one of those days where you don't know why but you just feel bummed. Well, that was my day yesterday. As we began to sing the last song, I felt the Lord speak to my very core. No matter what kind of day we have, He never changes. When you feel weak, He reamains strong. When you feel hopeless, He is still the God of hope. When you feel sick, He is still your Healer. He is never changing. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Isn't that comforting? It doesn't matter what you think, feel or see. God has never left your side and He is in control. The world around us is constantly changing. Things in this life are often like a roller coaster ride. But your Heavenly Father is riding the same ride with you. In fact, He is even in the same car. I woke up this morning at 6 a.m. My eyes just popped open and so I began to pray for all the people I knew were needing a miracle. Before 8 a.m. this morning, I had received 3 phone calls. One was informing me that my friend's baby was being air-lifted to Lubbock. The next call was that another friends step father had passed away at 2 a.m. And then my cell phone began to beep. I rushed over to find a text that said my girlfriend that had a tumor removed from her skull yesterday, was being taken back into surgery because of blood clots. This was all before I even brushed my teeth. Later in the day I talked to a friend who just lost her brother and her father due to cancer. And 30 minutes ago I received another phone call. Last nights praise report has become an urgent prayer request today. A little 2 1/2 year old boy has an unexplained medical condition that is affecting his oxygen levels. I tell you all that to say this. I sit here in this chair amazed at how I feel. Normally I would be a ball of nerves. But by the grace of God I am full of peace. No, I don't understand. Yes, I want a miracle in each one of these stories. But I will not be shaken. I will not be overwhelmed. The enemy wants me to be frazzled. He wants you to be frazzled as well. But if our God never changes and He holds us all in the palm of His hand. Why should we fall apart? He is God and He is good. So all I am going to do is Pray and Believe. Will you do the same?

4 comments:

  1. How timely your blog is! What encouraging words for me and words I will pass along to my sister and daughter. We serve a Great God and oh, my goodness, how loving HE is. Thank you for your obedience and caring enough to share and lift others up! Love you, sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather for your encouraging words. Yes we have to be strong even in the worst of situations and firmly believe in God's plan. Prayers can bring on miracles. God is our healer. Thanks again, love you Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather you are so right we have to believe and trust in GOD in the worst of times because he is always there he never leaves us. At times he is all we have. We have to always PRAY no matter what. I love you so much you have so much wisdom. Thanks for all you bring us. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girls I love you all. Together we will see the goodness of God. He is so faithful and His love endures forever.

    ReplyDelete