Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Honor!


Last night we honored my husband for 10 years of ministry at Cowboy Junction Church. I can't believe it has been 10 years. I began attending CJC even before he became the full time pastor. And that seems like just a couple of years ago. Well, the night turned out to be just perfect. For weeks, I have been nervous about this day. I wanted to do something special for him. I wanted him to feel appreciated and loved. We stayed up late last night talking about the service from start to finish. We read each card at least 2 times. He was in awe of every one's generosity. He went to bed with a glow that almost kept me from sleeping. When the alarm went off this morning, he jumped out of bed ready to visit Wilma in the hospital. Another day of doing what he loves. Today as I thought about the evening and replayed the skit in my head, I asked myself "Why did we need to honor Ty?" "And did we do a good job?". What does "to honor" mean? I wasn't quite sure of the exact definition so I looked it up in the dictionary. The one word that popped out at me was "Respect". I thought that was a funny definition of honor. So I looked "respect" up in the dictionary. It means to take notice of; to regard with special attention; to regard as worthy of special consideration; hence, to care for; to heed. To consider worthy. We honored Ty because he was worthy. He deserved special attention for this amazing accomplishment. I could not be any more proud to be his wife and his friend. Daily Ty blows my mind with his creativity and vision. I am so excited to walk this road of life beside him. The adventure will never be boring I can assure you. So, did we do a good job in honoring Ty? I guess he will have to be the judge of that. His answer, "Our church family blessed me so much. I can't wait to DREAM another 10 years."

No comments:

Post a Comment