Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Making a difference in difficult times!!

For some time now, I have not been happy with just "doing" church. I want to get out there and "be" the church. Where is there a need? Who needs my help that does not go to CJC? Well, I have just found my answer. Isaiah's Soup Kitchen needs our help. I am going to be sharing a goal with the ladies at Girls Grub on Saturday the 12th. We have got to rise up and be an extension of Christ's hand. During difficult economic times, people are in greater need than ever before. In the last couple of months my spirit has been stirred. I know that God is trying to get my attention and I am ready to listen. My good friend Larry Tuttle loaned me a book about one couple making a difference in the life of a homeless man. This wealthy couple had it all including a heart. With a little persuading the wife encouraged her husband to help serve down at the local homeless shelter. Taking this one small step, changed the course of their lives forever. Just when you think life is good and it couldn't get any better, God shows you a whole new view. I also recently saw the movie, "Taken." I was moved like never before. There are actually young girls being taken from their families and tormented for someones' profit. I knew that human trafficking had become a world wide problem but this movie opened my eyes all the more. I began to google outreach ministries that could inform me how to get involved in the prevention of human trafficking. Ty also made a few calls to some Pastor friends of his for some suggestions. I have a burning desire to help in some way, any way. Last night the house was quiet by 8:00p.m so I put in another movie called, "The Soloist." It was about a homeless man with a gift for music. He was suffering from severe mental problems that caused him to run away from an incredible life. Until one day a reporter heard him playing a broken violin on the street corner. This man had a mission to help make a difference in this man's life. This movie opened my eyes to a lifestyle I had no idea even existed. No Hope, No Home, No Help! People living in mass gatherings on the streets of LA. But it is not just there. It is an epidemic everywhere. So what can the people of Lea County do to make a difference? Listen to the Holy Spirit and he will tell you. God has not blessed us to hold on to those blessings. We have been blessed so that we can be a blessing. I ask that you start preparing your heart for what is to come. I don't think that it is by accident that God has been revealing these needs. We can be a light in the darkness.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great word for us all. There is always someone that needs our help. I often look the other way and I needed the reminder. Thanks so much. You know I love your family. Keep it up. Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I'm talking about!! I love it! Dimitra

    ReplyDelete
  3. After I read this blog(in which I am behind,as usual!)I think I have read the same book several months ago.I have shared it with others for it touched my heart. I am reminded daily,it could be me and my family homeless and in need of food. Denise

    ReplyDelete