Sunday, August 2, 2009

Exhaustion!

Camp Crossfire is over and the Bean Bunch is exhausted. I can honestly say that it is a great exhaustion. Even though my body is give out, my spirit is refreshed. I love the people of Cowboy Junction. I love the people that serve God with freedom and joy. Spending a week with people who have passion has given me strength. I have to admit something though. I have found myself several times these past few days, quoting one of Ty's messages. "SHAKE IT OFF". Since camp I have renewed hope. But guess who doesn't like that. The enemy has tried to put me back in the pit that I was in. When you are tired and give out, it is so easy to give in. You get bad news and you feel defeated. Someone says something ugly about you and you want to throw in the towel and say,"Forget It." But I am determined to fight. I may be tired but some things are worth overcoming. Do you find yourself on the mountain top only to be greeted by the the biggest billy goat ready to butt you over the edge? What do you do? Most of the time I find myself jumping before he even gets the chance to make full contact. Well, I want to encourage you. FIGHT!!!! When things begin to bother you, people begin to irritate you, or you just want to quit; SHAKE IT OFF!! It is just not worth it. You are an over comer. We each have a choice. And I choose to win.

4 comments:

  1. Heather I agree! I too have been hearing Ty's voice telling me to shake it off! I step out of my office and just shake it off and get back to work! I also tend to allow the things I hear to attach themselves to me. But I now have a tool to let it all go and allow God to handle the situation! Thank you for your words of encouragement. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monicque, I am glad to know that you are shaking it off as well. Together we can encourage, lift up and overcome. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this message. I have been in such a terrible mindset lately. I have been allowing all of these things to get to me. And then grow and make things worse. When all of this is constantly bugging me, it is so hard to remember how to fight and how to overcome. But this really helps me to remember to let it go, and let God. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deming I really hope these words encourage you. I would love to visit with you if you ever need to talk. You can call the office anytime 575-396-4425. You can overcome anything and everything. You are the daughter of The King. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete