Saturday, August 8, 2009

Lazy Saturdays!!!

Today has been an unusual day. I finally said,"NO," to something I would have normally said,"YES", to. This is so abnormal for me but it felt good. I decided that I was not going to leave the house at all today. Today was a lazy day. As I write this, it is 8:00 p.m and I am still in my PJ's from last night. I have watched 4 movies and cooked 3 good meals. Two were for my family and one for my sweet friend who just had surgery. I loved this day. Both boys are fed, bathed and asleep in their room. Ty is at the rodeo and I am curled up in the recliner. Could it get any better than this? I tell you all of this to share something even deeper. I have always been a people pleaser. As I get older, I have realized even more how much "I" matter. How I feel and What I want, should be of importance to me. BUT so many people take it to the extreme. It is so important to not become a self centered person. When it all boils down to it, PEOPLE matter. When I was a young girl my mom had a popular phrase for every situation we faced. "What is her(his, their) view on the matter?" When you make decisions about your life, do you think of how it will affect those around you? Do you put yourself in someone elses' shoes? Or, do you just do what makes you "happy"? Now my lazy day really has nothing to do with this topic. But, it was a great opener for my food for thought. If you live your life only for you, I challenge you to think of others for a change. Go to the baby shower because she needs your support. Follow through on a commitment because you said you would, not because you feel like it. Make that phone call you have been dreading because they need to know you care. You matter but so do others. And every once and a while say,"NO" and have a lazy Saturday.

1 comment: