Monday, August 17, 2009

Inspired!

Okay, I am going to start off saying that it is hard to write these blogs when you are not sure people are reading them. When I started this blog, I said that it wouldn't matter if anyone read it because I was doing it for myself. Kind of like my own therapy session. I have lots of thoughts go through this brain of mine and sometimes I need to get them out to leave room for things I need to remember. I swear this is the reason I forget so much. If my brain had a room capacity, the Fire Marshall would have already shut me down. So comment if you can but I'll keep blogging even if you don't. Today I have decided to blog on the movie I just saw, Julie & Julia. What a wonderful movie. I will admit that it is not for everyone but I loved it. One reason I give this movie 2 thumbs up is because I love food and so do these ladies. If I could have a profession in the food industry and still be a Pastors wife, I would. And maybe I can, I have just never tried. I guess because I think I'm silly. Secondly, Meryl Streep is a genius. I think she is by far one of the greatest actresses of all time. She did an amazing job in playing Julia Child. I laughed many times throughout this movie and Meryl had a big part to play in it. Boy did I need those laughs. And finally, I loved this movie because it was inspiring. Julia Child was older than me when she decided to learn to cook. WOW!!! Is that amazing or what? I can do anything I want and be the best at it if I just want it bad enough. It is not to late for me and it is not to late for you. The character of Julie in the movie never finished anything she started. She was not self motivated and she often got stuck in the routine of life. In many ways I related to Julie. I often beat myself up because I don't feel very disciplined. Watching her on the big screen made me want to get up and do something. Just because I have struggled with self discipline in the past, doesn't mean I have to struggle today. And neither do you. We can be better finishers than we are starters. I suggest you go see this movie and be inspired. I just celebrated my 33 birthday this week. And I have discovered that age is not a factor in being an achiever, an over comer and a woman that the world could write about. We can do and become anything our hearts desire. It just takes putting one foot forward and then another. I am pumped and ready to get started. I suggest you look out for me these next 33 years. They are going to blow the last 33 out of the water.

6 comments:

  1. I dont usually comment, but I am glad you dont need encouragement to keep them coming because I love your blogs, and they are encouraging even though I dont tell ya every time. I am blessed to have you as a role model and am lucky that I will get to be a part of your next 33 years. Oh, and I am gonna go see the movie. It sounds great!Love you! -Jackie B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am an avid reader of your blog. You are an inspiration to many. You are in my favorites. I check weekly just to see how you are doing. Thanks Heather!
    Judy H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls, Wow! You don't know what that means to me. I am even more inspired and I so appreciate your comments. I will keep them coming. Love you all.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather..You Rock and so does your blog. You always have great words of encourgagement. And I think you need to persue the food industry..you are an amazing cook!!! Love Ya Corrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I am a first time reader of your blog. I was looking at previous web pages on my iPhone and your blog page pulled up! Kinda crazy. I would really like to see that movie now, I love that Meryl. I would also really like you to know that I think I could write a book about you now. I believe your next 33 yrs will blow the last 33 out of the water, no doubt about that. You are so easy to relate to, you're a gifted communicator/pastor, you're not afraid to be who you are AND you are so conveniently creative. I'm honestly excited to be a part of your life and see you walk through the doors that open for you. So while youre blogging and making room in your mind for things you need to remember remember that i think you are incredible and I love it that you're in my life. Dimitra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dimitra, Wow!! Thank you so much. I am so glad that you are a part of my life as well. I can't wait to start making lifelong memories with you. So when are we going on our trip? Love you!

    ReplyDelete