Monday, July 20, 2009

Learning Something New!

Well, tonight after service a few of us stayed to learn a dance for Camp Crossfire. Oh my goodness! This body does not move like it once did. We had a ball just being silly and laughing at one another. The entire time we practiced I kept saying, "What am I doing?" I think I have just figured it out. I am stepping out of my comfort zone and allowing God to use me in a different way. What fun is it to do the same stuff day in and day out? I want to learn something new. I think we should all be stretched. Being stretched may not always be comfortable but it can be enjoyable. Don't be quick to say "NO" when God may want you to say "YES". The day we perform this dance I may make a complete fool of myself but I stepped out. Ty always reminds us that it is okay to fail. What's not okay is to never try. Get involved. Take a chance. Let God use you in a new way. You may learn something about yourself that you didn't know. You may also find a new calling. Have fun! Tonight Ty spoke about being indifferent. He said that we can't lose our enthusiasm. We must keep a level of excitement in our walk with Christ. If you have been dry or felt distant from God, find something new and fresh. Get excited about something. Laughter is truly the best medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment