Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The View from my Seat!

He did it again!! Ty's message spoke to me even more this week. I am speaking in 2 weeks and the pressure is on. I missed Sunday mornings message because I helped out in kids church but Monday night was incredible. Are you Ready or are you Prepared?? The sermon was about the parable Jesus told in Matthew 25. The virgins were waiting on the bridegroom. All were ready but only a few were prepared. I can honestly do very little to add to this message. I suggest that everyone listen to this sermon (click here). We all have a dream in our heart and a vision for our future but how are we preparing ourselves for when they arrive? God is constantly speaking to us and preparing us for what is to come. We have a choice to listen and obey. Ty and I had a bit of a disagreement prior to this message. I was adamant that "ready" and "prepared" were the same. I walked away last night with a totally different perspective. There are things in my life that I am ready to see God bring about. I am now challenged to make sure I am prepared for when that day comes. God's plans for all of us are bigger than we can even imagine. I don't want to treat God like a magician. "God wave your wand and bring me what I desire." I want to take responsibility and together with God I will see my future prosper. You can too! Dream big, listen for God to speak, and be prepared for the day the bridegroom arrives.

1 comment:

  1. Heather this is a great blog. I finally figured all this out. It touched me alot. I went back and read all of them. Thanks for being so real. Thanks for just being you. Love, Sara

    ReplyDelete