Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The View from my Seat!

Wow! What an amazing message this weekend. God and Ty Bean never cease to amaze me. I know you may think that I am prejudice, but does my husband have a gift or what?? How many of us have read the story of Nicodemus? I've heard that story many times in my life. I've just never heard it that way before. God doesn't want us to "Do" more, He wants us to "Be" lieve. We have to stop trying to buy God's love and acceptance. We need to realize that He first loved us and salvation is a free gift. In many churches today, we have set a standard for what qualifies us as "good enough". No where in scripture does it say we have to be "good enough". Where did we get this theology? When we are walking daily with Christ, Ticks (as Ty calls them), naturally fall off. My favorite quote of this message was, "Human effort does not produce Divine change". God removes what doesn't belong in each one of us. But the more we try, the more we fail. It's like a diet. I start one every Monday. Why? Because I fail every Tuesday. We can't try to stop smoking, stop cussing, start praying, start studying the Word. We have to know God's heart. Talk to Him. Ask Him. Grow with Him. Through our relationship with God, divine change will come. We have to stop beating ourselves up, me included. I am more than enough. I am the King's Kid and so are you. Let God be with you as you drive to work today. Let Him be with you as you make dinner and as you watch your husband clean up. God is in you and He will show you the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment