Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Set Free

Don't you just love when God reminds you of His truth? I was reminded this morning that the enemy no longer has authority in my life. I have been delivered from the powers of darkness. You and I have been redeemed. Colossians 1:13-14 says that "God has delivered us from the power of darkness, and has translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son. In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins." We don't have to walk in fear. Our past no longer has a grip on our life. We were once a slave to sin and bound by the enemy. But we are now sons/daughters of the Most High God. I have visualized myself in chains curled up in a dark, cold corner of a prison cell. But once Christ entered my life, the prison doors were opened, my chains were destroyed and I was led outside into the warm sunlight. I no longer have to visit that cell again and neither do you. The enemy wants us to believe he is more powerful than us. But you have been given authority over the enemy. I love the song we used to sing years ago, "he's under my feet, he's under my feet, satan is under my feet." It's so important that you know who you are and what has been done for you. Don't just take part of the cross but receive all that it has to offer. Many of us were released from prison the day we received Christ but we are hanging out around the prison gates. We look up at the guards standing in the tower and we are afraid to move. WE ARE FREE! The price has been paid the charges have been dropped. Run away and don't look back. Go and live with Christ!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN, AMEN and AMEN Preach it. I Love that song we used to sing it back home at our church. Have an Awesome Vacation.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete