Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Right for you and Wrong for me

I was talking to a friend today and we were discussing a variety of argumentative issues in the church. For example, rated R movies, consumption of alcohol and gambling. Almost everyone has an opinion about each. And most opinionated people don't have a problem sharing what they think. Most of us have made our decision about each of these because of an outside influence. But my challenge to you is to seek the Word of God first. Second, ask the Holy Spirit to tell you what is best for you. I love how the NKJV of the bible translates 1 Corinthians 6:11-12 "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." This is what the Word of God says about these issues. Now it is between you and the Holy Spirit to decide what is helpful and what is not. Have you allowed something to have power over you? You hear people often say that they don't want to give their life over to Christ because they will have to stop having fun. It is quite the opposite. God never said you can't but He did say, "Should you?" Once again our Lord gives us a choice. Why in the world do we let man dictate what is right and wrong for our lives? Let God speak to you and then listen and obey. But don't judge those around you that don't do what you do. Their relationship with God is totally different and He may not be sharing with you what He is sharing with them. You focus on you and get your eyes off of others. My struggles are not your struggles and my victories are not yours either. We are each precious in the sight of God and His plan for us is unique. Let Him work on His masterpiece and create something that has never been seen before.

2 comments:

  1. This was very inspiring for me to read today. Thank you Heather!

    ReplyDelete