Monday, December 20, 2010

Urgent Message

We had a very heart touching experience last night. We had just attended the Christmas production at Choose Life Church and we were in the car heading home. I must first explain what happened at the play. During the altar call, Brady raised his hand to accept Jesus into his heart. In the corner of my eye I saw him put it up and keep it up. I quietly told him to go ahead and put it down. When we got in the car, he asked me why I told him to put his hand down. I explained that he just needed to put it up and then back down again. He didn't have to keep it in the air. But Ty and I wanted to take this opportunity to poke a bit further. Ty asked him why he raised his hand? Brady responded that he wanted Jesus in his heart. Knowing that he had repeated the salvation prayer before, we explained that when he asked Jesus in his heart the first time, Jesus became his Savior. And from this point on Jesus would always be with him. But at the same time, Ty encouraged Brady to respond to every altar call if he feels the tugging of the Holy Spirit. We as parents, want to encourage our boys to be obedient when they hear God calling. It was a lot for Brady to take in all at once. But he was very quiet and very receptive. A few minutes later we heard Brady say,"Hudson, do you want to ask Jesus to come in your heart?" Hud said, "No." And in Hud language he proceeded to explain that if Jesus came in his heart it would get too big and explode. Ty and I laughed quietly but Brady was distressed. "Hudson, you have to ask Jesus into your heart. Do you love him?" Hud was definitely not on the same page and in part he was trying to aggravate his brother. In complete distress, Brady said, "Hudson, if you say you love Jesus you can sleep on the top bunk." Well, of course Hudson agreed to loving Jesus. For one reason, he does love Jesus and the other is that he loves the top bunk. All was well and Brady took a deep sigh of relief. It wasn't until this morning that I was challenged by Brady's passion. He wouldn't let up with his brother. He wanted to make sure Hudson had Jesus in his heart just like he did. It's that child like mentality that is simple but real that we should all desire. So many people in my circle of friends have suddenly passed this holiday season. Some of them I know are in a better place. Others of them I can only hope and pray they had a moment with their Heavenly Father before passing from this earth. I'm not telling you that I am going to go bananas and drag people kicking and screaming to a relationship with Christ. But I am telling you that as Christians, our message is URGENT! Walk with your eyes open to those who are searching for THE ANSWER. Life is too short and we don't know what tomorrow holds. Be willing to share the TRUTH. Be willing to lead someone to their loving father. So here is my corny phrase for the next year. In 2011, let's lead many to HEAVEN!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME! ....... and your phrase is NOT corny!!! luv ya! crill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather that is what it is all about. You and Ty have lead your boys to Jesus and even at his young age, Brady is there , on his own. That is beautiful, such a pride and heartfelt moment. And I am with Crill, it is NOT corny. We have to live our life, every moment of it praising our Lord, in every Blessing and in every storm. I want to be ready.

    ReplyDelete