Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Expect It!

I learned something today that I believe is worth telling. The word "wait" in scripture can be translated as "expect the Lord". Wait is not a passive verb but an active one. In Isaiah 40:31, the scriptures say that, "they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength." When we sit back and wait on God, we can get discouraged. But if you expect God to do something in your life, you will be strengthened. A few Sundays ago Ty challenged the staff to be expecting God to do something great in our services. He said why would we come every week and not believe that God was going to do something BIG? God is for us and He wants the best for each of our lives. Our vocabulary has to change. It's not "if" but "when". What are you waiting on? Start expecting it to happen. Change your thoughts, change your words, change your attitude and then watch God change your situation. It can't just be a one time confession. We must make a conscious decision to speak faith over our situation. Once again, you must choose. I don't know about you but I want to be strengthened. And I am EXPECTING God to do something great in my life.

4 comments:

  1. Heather this is so good. I know GOD has something in store for my family this coming year and I can't wait. I thank him everyday for choosing me to be Victoria and Tony's mom, and I know GOD has something in store in for them this next year to. We expect great things and they will come. Praise GOD! Love Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this very vital truth. It's easier to be complacent and not make a conscious choice. I needed reminding of this. thank you for being obedient and transparent as always. You inspire us all. love you Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, Jim and I have been so challenged the last few weeks, I know the Holy Spirit has been dealing with me on needing to change my thoughts and the words I speak and too expect God to do the Impossible. Jim is having alot of health issues and really needs a touch. We serve the God of Miracles, I know God is a Healing God and I am believing not only for Jim but for Roann. Thank You and Ty for being Transparent and REAL people. That is what we love most about Cowboy Juntion is the REAL people. Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all three of you and I am believing with you. We make a great team! Together we are going to see the Amazing right before our eyes.

    ReplyDelete