Saturday, March 13, 2010

Son Burned!

My little family just got home today from skiing with friends in Cloudcroft. We had a blast! I don't normally like to ski because I lack the athletic bone you need to master this sport. But as I sat back watching my 6 year old fly down the hill without poles and without falling, I decided to give it another shot. I did better than usual even if I never left the bunny slope. But one thing I regret is forgetting sunscreen for myself, Hudson and half of Brady's face. You forget that the sun reflecting off the snow can cause intense pain. At this very moment, I could not be picked out of a line up next to Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer. And if that weren't bad enough, it hurts. Hudson is red all over and poor Brady (I can't even look at him without cringing). He removed his goggles during ski school and his eyes are burnt. The sun was more powerful than I gave credit. Though this story definitely would not give me the Best Mother of the Year award, It got me to thinking. Am I reflecting the Son? Do I make an impact without even trying? Are those around me affected by the one inside me? My prayer is that they are affected. When they walk away from spending time with me, I pray they sense a burning in their soul. A warmth in their heart. I want people to feel like they have spent some time with their Savior. Not because there is anything special about me but because there is something special about the one in me. Each day of my life I want to change. I want to become more like the one who created me. Christ said we would do greater things than He did on this earth. I'm believing this to be true. I pray for more power, more love, more of Him in my life. My sunburn will eventually go away but my light will always shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment