Saturday, March 20, 2010

Back Burner!

You are doing so well. Spending time in prayer and the Word has been a daily priority. You can't imagine not giving God a part of your day. Then you wake up one morning at 3:30 a.m. because you can't sleep. You realize laying there in bed that it has been 5 days since you spent time in your bible study. Not that anyone is keeping count. Prayer has been the furthest thing from your mind because like I said,"Things are going great." Why is it that we can get so out of the habit from spending some time focused on our Lord? I don't ever get out of the habit of brushing my teeth or feeding my face. I've experienced insomnia before so I know how bad it feels to go without sleep. I would do everything I could to make sure I could rest at night. There are certain things in life that seem to be a must. Why not my intimate time with the Lord EVERY day? I know that the Lord is not disappointed. And I know He is not hurt. He goes with me everywhere. He is a part of every step in my day. I just desire to make time for Him. I want to set apart a special time just to focus on our relationship. One great thing about my relationship with our Savior is that I know tomorrow is a new day. I get the chance to start again. He won't be distant tomorrow because it has been 5 days. He won't give me the cold shoulder or take time to warm up to me. He will meet me right where we left off. No need to get caught up. He is aware of what's been going on. The thing I have learned is that God knows my heart. He has not established a point system with our relationship. In other words, He is not keeping score. He just loves spending time with me and He knows I feel the same. If you find yourself putting Him on the back burner, don't beat yourself up. Just recognize and start again. Our time with Him should be important to us whether life is great or tough. It is truly just as valuable as breathing in air.

1 comment:

  1. Heather, You amaze me every time you write! I know you receive this kind of revelation not because you're a Bible "Scholar", but because God knows how much you love Him. Thank you so much for sharing with us who need this revelation.

    ReplyDelete