Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful during Thanksgiving!

I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am today. I am sitting in my parents home in Hobbs (not San Angelo) by the fire. Most of you know that sitting by a fire is on my top 5 list of things to do. Number one on my list is being with my family. Today there were 14 of us enjoying Ty's amazing fried turkey, Haley's incredible sweet potatoes, my homemade honey yeast rolls and mom's pecan pie and fruit salad. Wow! But the thing I am most thankful for is my health. I have had a rough month but today I feel almost normal. I have put my trust in God and He has been with me through it all. I know that for a season there may be medications and doctors appointments ahead of me but I also know that I am a child of the King of Kings. The Great Physician gets the last word. What are you thankful for this year? I have learned that everyone goes through the seasons of life. But during each season there is still something you can be thankful for. You may feel like you are in your darkest hour but there is something you can rejoice about. If you can see these words that I am typing, you should be thankful for your sight. There are those who would love to see. You may not like your family but there are those who are lonely. They would love to be a part of any family (even yours). I know most of this is so cliche but sometimes we need to be reminded. Take your focus off of what you don't have and put it on what you do have. We are all blessed in some form or fashion. God loves you and He wants the best for you. Thank him for what He has already done for you and thank Him in advance for what He has in store for your future. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I love you !!!

1 comment:

  1. In the middle of a trial, you come through and bless our socks off with this blog. In the middle of a trial, your tenderness and compassion lifts us up. In the middle of a trial, you tell us how to take our eyes off ourselves and focus on others like you have. Sounds a little like Paul in prison!! Thank you for loving all of us and we will get through this TOGETHER!

    ReplyDelete