Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Does it Matter?

Last night, my family was leaving Thriftway grocery store. We had just finished getting all the best deals for our big Christmas meal. After I finished buckling Hudson into his car seat, I removed the paper from his orange push up ice cream. He was so excited to get this special treat. I shut his door and headed to the other side of the car to get in my seat. As I was walking I was wadding the trash from the ice cream in my hand. I noticed all of the litter covering the parking lot and I asked myself a question. Will one more piece of paper matter? Before I could even finish my thought I had my answer. Absolutely it will matter. If everyone has the attitude that it doesn't matter, then we would be swimming in a sea of trash. Someone has to care. What does this mean for our life? Well for me I am reminded of the ministry that God has called me to. Sometimes I wonder if what I do can really make a difference in this world. I have to remind myself that with every life I touch, a difference is made. You may be living in an unhappy marriage. No love or kind word is ever displayed. Would one compliment make a difference? You tell me. I think it would. Someone has to be willing to start. Even if it is the smallest effort. There are so many other examples of how the small things in life can be the start of something great. A snowman is built by starting with one snowflake sticking to another. Don't think that the actions you take in this life don't matter. Every word you speak and every step you take can change the course of your life. Think before you litter and think before you speak. You can make a difference even if no one notices.

3 comments:

  1. You really hit the nail right on the head. Awesome. You have made a major difference in our lives and I know you make a difference in every person's life you touch. Keep on inspiring us all to be better children of GOD.
    We love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Heather! Thanks for your encouragement and sharing God's word with us!!! Love ya!
    Tegan

    ReplyDelete