Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The View From My Seat!!

What a great service this weekend at Cowboy Junction. We are growing like crazy. We almost had 300 in attendance this weekend. We had 30 in children's church Sunday morning and 17 Monday night. That is not including our preschool department, nursery and Youth group. They had 40 in youth last week and 30 this week. WOW! God is moving in a mighty way. Ty's message was so encouraging to all of us. We have to expand our circle. We have to BELIEVE more than we ever have before. We have to allow our faith to grow. We have to get "I can't" out of our vocabulary. I know for me, I have to get control over my thought life. I am reading two books right now. One is by Joyce Meyer, "Be Anxious for Nothing" and the other is by Jerry Savelle, "Thoughts, The Battle Between Your Ears." For me, I am at war with my mind. I can sit back and accept that my thoughts, my anxieties and my fears are just a part of my make up. I was born a "type A" personality and I will die a "type A" personality. But I choose to believe the Word. "For God has not given me a Spirit of fear but of Power, of Love and of a Sound Mind" 2 Timothy 1:7. David writes in Psalm 34:4, "I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all of my fears." I am encouraged by Isaiah 41:10 that says, "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." And the last scripture that I read time and time again is found in Philippians 4:6-7, "Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Just like Ty said, we may not be able to control the situations that come at us but we can choose the circles in which we stand. Our faith has got to grow. How does that happen? "Faith comes by hearing the Word of God." BELIEVE for more. Remember that God is on your side and that He has great plans for you. TRUST Him more. He can handle your life if you just give it to Him. Open your heart and allow the circles you stand in to be expanded. Great things are in store for us all. Don't try to do it own your own. Let God fill you and then be willing to pour yourself out. But remember, once you pour yourself out, you need to be filled once again. Spend some quality time with your Father and REFRESH.

1 comment:

  1. Loved it Heather!!! And we loved Ty's message along with his illustration! We are encouraged every week to "be all we can be"! Thanks for your love and encouragement. Love u Heather!

    ReplyDelete