Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Being Transparent!

Is it possible that someone can be too real? It may sound like a crazy question but it popped in my head earlier today. I laughed as I thought about it because the title of my blog is "Keeping it Real." I've always been one to tell all my thoughts, show all my emotions and hide nothing from no one. But in my being real I fear disappointing those who see who I truly am. As a Pastor's wife, I am a leader and one that others look to for advice. When I show others that I don't always have it all together, am I letting them down? If a young lady finds out 20 years into her marriage that her beautiful diamond she has worn to represent the unending love of her husband was actually a cubic zirconia; how would she feel? All these years what she thought was real was actually fake. Does fake only hurt when it is exposed? Is it better to pretend for appearance sake? I live in a glass house and I could pretend that I never had a problem in the world. I could pretend that my children always behaved and that Ty and I never had an argument. But pretending is not who I am. I don't know if it is a blessing or a curse but I don't know any other way than to be real. I talk too much, I share everything and I give my heart away daily. I trust all the time, I care all the time and I forgive all the time . But living in this glass house I often fear the stones that may fly through my walls. I have lived my life in a way that puts me on a platform no higher than those around me. I am not your typical pastor's wife who claims to never have issues. I deal with life's curve balls just like the rest of you. And sometimes I swing with all of my might and I miss big time. I may even fall on my behind. But if there is any encouragement I have for you in this blog, it is that I get back up. I fail often but I try daily. You too, need to be you. Don't be afraid to fall and let those around you see. Just get back up and dust yourself off. I would love to never disappoint another person the rest of my life but more importantly I don't ever want to miss being who God created me to be. I do ask you one favor; please do not put me on a pedestal that I have never chosen to climb. Well, there it is once again. I guess I knew the answer to my own question. I just wanted to know what you thought. Because being me is all I know how to be.

9 comments:

  1. One of the main things I love about Cowboy Junction is that is is real people, honest people and caring people. That is the type of person I am, I share too much most of the time, but that is who I am. I tell everything I know and love every one and trust every one. I love that about you Heather. I personally would not want you any other way. Who you are is why we all love you so much. Keep on keeping it real. GOD Bless you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather! Wow! We love you so much! We are a family! Cowboy Junction is a family that loves each other and covers each other. Thank you for being a wonderful child of God. I so enjoyed this blog! I fail so much and it is so encouraging the way you say to just dust yourself off and get back up! Love you! Mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather......AWESOME job as always! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being real is all I know too, and I have a question about those who are not "real". I appreciate your "realness". This trait is what makes CJ the special place it is. Thank you for being you! Love you SB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever noticed that ALL the great men & women in the Bible ALWAYS bared their soul (mind,will,emotions) There is a great reward for "nakedness" before God, and one of the wonderful things about you is that no matter what, you always tell others & yourself, "God delivers,God ALWAYS protects & provides and this too shall pass". I'd rather have the cubic zirconia than the diamond I later find really is a CZ! Keep it real Miss Heather! We love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't help but cry when I read this and realize how you are so walking in your calling. Nothing happens by accident. When the Lord is directing your footsteps why worry about the things that happen along the way. He is guiding your every step and I am so proud of you and Ty and the life you live and the ministry you have. You are truly awesome. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Heather you are so very real and that is how I am and that is how I relate to people. That is why I love you and CJC so very much. You have helped me so very much. Please stay just the way you are. Love always, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank God you are you Heather Bean!!! I find it a true blessing and a honor to be able to call you one of my closest friends!!! God has given you the gift of being real. It is your gift that God has given you to allow you to fulfill your calling in a way that enriches all of those around you. It takes a lot of courage and is an unbelieveable success, what Heather Bean is able to accomplish in being a REAL person to so many people. The reason I turn to you for advice is because I know that you are going to give my the REAL deal, I may not want to hear it, but I need to. I love that about you, I love that you will tell me when I am wrong, you will tell me when I need to change something, that makes you a REAL friend. Isn't that what people need more of? You don't ever hear anyone say they need more fake friends. I attended a church one time where I felt the pastor's wife was way unapproachable. I would have loved to have seen a glimpse of realism in her, that would have helped me in so many ways. God has blessed us all in calling you to this ministry where all of us real woman get to feel that we are normal, and we are not pressured to achieve a certain kind of perfection that does not truely exist. It means more to me than you will ever know that you love me, flawed and all!! I loved your blog, be at peace with who you are, because you are FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe there is an epidemic of "show" in this country. It has been taught for many years through this society and in many families that we are to hold back...hide our emotions #1, our views, oppinions, fears...in essence who we really are. To only show others what we want them to see OR what we THINK others want to see. How sad...God meant for us to fellowship with one another, and that means giving the truth of who we really are. We ALL have our downfalls, problems, struggles, and quirks...so WHY hide them!! I believe we should embrace one another and accept the bad along with the good, and help each other through our struggles. Share each others joys and share each others pain. That is true fellowship. We are missing the kind of relationships that God has intended. Maybe we will shed this "act" and get down to true relationship someday soon! And for goodness sake, why in the heck would we EVER want to hide ourselves from spouses and children!!!! Maybe that is one aspect of the mass destruction of our family units in this country!!! Amen sister...Im with ya on that one! Tiffany

    ReplyDelete