Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Prayers That Avail Much

Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me?

Father, You set Yourself against the proud and haughty, but You give grace continually unto the humble. I submit myself therefore to You, God. In the name of Jesus, I resist the devil, and he will flee from me. I resist the cares of the world, which try to pressure me daily. Except the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it.

Jesus, I come to You, for I labor and am heavy laden and overburdened, and You cause me to rest -- You will ease and relieve and refresh my soul.

I take Your yoke upon me and I learn of You; for You are gentle and humble in heart, and I will find rest -- relief, ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet -- for my soul. For Your yoke is wholesome (easy) -- not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant; and Your burden is light and easy to be borne.

I cast my burden on You, Lord, releasing the weight of it and You will sustain me; I thank You that You will never allow me, the consistently righteous, to be moved -- made to slip, fall or fail.

In the name of Jesus, I withstand the devil. I am firm in my faith -- rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined. I cease from the weariness and pain of human labor; and I am zealous and exert myself and strive diligently to enter into the rest of God -- to know and experience it for myself.

Father, I thank You that Your presence goes with me and that You give me rest. I am still and rest in You, Lord; I wait for You and patiently stay myself upon You. I will not fret myself, nor shall I let my heart be troubled, neither shall I let it be afraid. I hope in You, God, and wait expectantly for You; for I shall yet praise You, for You are the Help of my countenance and my God.

In Jesus' name, amen.

2 comments:

  1. A perfect prayer. I will send it on to my children. Have a blessed day and the rest of the week! Love you, sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, thank you so much Heather for sharing, I really needed this right now. I am standing firm in my Faith and resisting all earthly pressures.

    ReplyDelete