Monday, September 6, 2010

Give it a Bit

It is amazing how our daily lives are full of God's fingerprints and we don't even know it. I had a moment of walking in the FOG (Favor of God) this weekend. I went to Albuquerque with my girlfriends Monicque and Jackie and we had a wonderful time. On Saturday night we did a little shopping in Uptown before our dinner reservations. I was looking for a dress for a certain couples wedding in December and a cocktail dress for the cruise Ty and I are taking in January. I had found 2 dresses and I had them held back while I weighed out the purchase during dinner. Both dresses were a bit pricey but on sale. If you know me very well, you know that i often have buyers remorse. I don't like to spend money on clothes but both of these events are special and I needed something new. One of the dresses was $139.99 on sale for $59.99. But for some reason I thought it was $39.99. All during dinner I was thinking that I would be spending around $140.00 for both dresses. "Okay, I can do this." After dinner, we headed back to the store to make the purchase. I decided to try the dresses on one more time. While in the dressing room, I noticed the tag said $59.99. The dilema had begun. Do I buy both dresses or just choose one? Now you may think $20.00 is not that big of a deal but again you have to know me. On one occassion I drove 5 miles back to a store when I noticed that I was charged $2.99 for Capri-suns that were on sale for $2.00. To me a dollar matters. Back at the dress shop the sales woman overheard my confusion about the price and she said she would check the other dresses and see if one of them was $39.99. Sometimes the exact same piece of clothing can have two different prices. My entourage of friends began to pray. "Lord, let her find the dress to have been mispriced. Let her say it is actually $39.99." Well, she came back and informed us that it was $59.99. Disappointed but certain these dresses should be mine, I walked up to the counter and said I would be purchasing both dresses despite the price. While checking out, the manager walked up and quietly said to the woman at the register that she was to give me an extra 20% off. My jaw hit the ground. I walked out of there with two beautiful dresses for $119.00 that origianlly cost $318.00. We were all giddy. My friends even celebrated as if it had happened to them personally. I could not believe it.
Why couldn't I believe it? Today I was driving through Hobbs thinking about this blessing. It occurred to me that even in the little things God shows us He cares. I also realized that when we pray the answer doesn't always come how we expect it to. I wanted the dress to be $39.99 but it wasn't. God answered my prayer His way. He gave back my $20.00 by lowering the price of both dresses not just one. What are you praying for, big or small? Do you think God has said,"No" or are you wondering if He is even listening? Be patient and give it a bit. God cares about you and He wants the best for you. Your answers will come they may just be in a different form than you had expected.

2 comments: