Sunday, June 14, 2009

Looking Up!

Euphoria is something I experience more than the average person. I sit back and look at my life and I am just so humble. I thank God every day for how He has blessed me. But with that I must also be honest about something else. It is so easy for me to get focused on things that pull me down. I just finished looking at a complete strangers blog. This blog was created by a wife and a mother of 3. I just said to Ty that if we knew this couple I bet we would be friends. Her last entry was proclaiming that her little daughter's cancer is in remission. I read the detailed story of the miracle that they have experienced. I continued to view all of their pictures and with each photo the tears continued to come. I soon discovered that their oldest child has Downs Syndrome. But in their home they call it the Up Syndrome. The second child is another adorable boy. All three kids grinning from ear to ear. Not one moment did I see or read gloom and doom in this blog. How do they do this? It got me thinking about my own life. Sometimes it is the smallest things that can send me into my pit. And in that pit I gripe and complain about my situation. I see no way out at that very moment. I am embarrassed to admit this but I really want to change. They say that you are either born an optimist or you're not. I say , "with God all things are possible." I want to be an example of Faith. I want to see the good in all things. I want to trust in God when it looks impossible in the natural. Every day I am growing in the Lord. I don't have everything figured out but I know I am headed in the right direction. My attitude will set the tone for my home. It is so important that we each recognize the part we play in our family. Eyes are always on us and we have a huge responsibility. Each of us are so blessed in so many ways. Stuff is going to happen. We will each have many opportunities to get down. But through it all I am going to make a conscious effort to see the good. We all have a choice in this life. We choose our friends, we choose our attitude and we choose our actions. I choose to look UP! How about you?

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't that an incredible testimony! But you know, we think we could never do that, and we couldn't. They can do it because God gives grace for that day's challenges--one day at a time. When my brother's 27 year old wife died, we got up the next morning after a hard night, and he said, "Okay, grace arrived so let's finish the details." I've never forgotten that. "Great is Thy faithfulness...renewed every morning."
    Great blog and insights. His grace shows up strong in you to inspire all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What delicious food for thought! Heather, you say it soooo well. Our battlefield is surely our mind, which is of course the place where our thoughts become our choices. If we make sure and feed on the Words of our Saviour, the result can only be "Faith in God and His Words of Life"! So...we win in life, and we win in death!

    ReplyDelete