Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Trust, why is it so hard?

Yesterday Ty and I had to take off and land three times to get home from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. On our first plane ride I had a thought. We were speeding down the tarmac about to take flight and I said to Ty, "We sure do have a lot of faith in this plane and this pilot." In all honesty, every time we get on a plane we are putting our lives in the hands of the unknown. I have never met the pilot nor seen his resume before take off. I have never seen the flight log or been told the maintenance history of the plane I am on. I just walk on the plane, fasten my seatbelt and trust that I will make it to my destination without any complications. Why is this so easy to do? How can I hand over control to Southwest airlines but not trust the creator of Heaven and earth with my life? Hasn't He proven Himself enough. I will be honest. This is my greatest struggle in life. Trusting the Lord and giving up control. My favorite scripture is Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path."

This is something I will work on every day. I know it's a process and I am not willing to give up. I will trust Him even when I don't understand. I may have days of crying out to God with frustration but thank the Lord, He is okay with me being real. He loves me and He loves you. 2 Corinthians 12:9 says, "His grace is sufficient."

2 comments:

  1. I can really really relate to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is after midnight and your Christmas post was on my screen for some reason. I do not know how it got there but it must have happened yesterday since I haven't checked my computer yet today. I did have to reboot it and that is what was there. I read and enjoyed it and I'm so proud of who you are in Jesus. You bless me over and over. Just wanted you to know that I intend to read more of your posts in the days to come. Lots of love to you always, Nonnie

    ReplyDelete