Sunday, November 13, 2011

In The Storm

When things are tough and you have so many questions, how big is your faith? I've learned over time that during tragedy your faith can be limited. When things are going good in my life, I can pray and believe for everyone. But when I'm down and struggling, it's much more difficult to have faith. A wise man once said, having faith during tragedy is like trying to build a house during a hurricane. Isn't that a true picture of your own personal storm. But that is why we have each other. In my darkest times I need you to believe. And in your darkest times you need me. The family of God is so vital in our lives. We need one another to lift the other up when standing seems impossible.

I'm reminded of the story of Moses and the battle between Israel and the Amaleks. Moses stood on the mountain top and as long as his hands were in the air, Israel was winning the battle. As soon as his hands began to fall, the Amaleks dominated. When Moses' hands became too heavy, Aaron and Hur stood on each side and lifted them up. Isn't that a beautiful picture of the Church. As the Children of God, we hold each other up. When your tired, I am there. When I don't feel I can stand, you hold me up. It is the power of God working through His people.

So when you are smack dab in the middle of your storm, don't beat yourself up because of the size of your faith. Lean on those around you. Let them pray for you and let them believe for you. The battle is yours so don't give up.

2 comments:

  1. Heather this is so good. I feel like my faith has been from one end to the other this year. I'm so thankful for the church family GOD has blessed me and family with. I can feel all of yall standing in for me.

    ReplyDelete