Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Trials to Victories!

The house was cold when we got up this morning but I was trying to not turn on the heater. I mean it's April for goodness sake. We should be opening our windows for some fresh air. Besides, I was wearing sandals just yesterday. I don't think I will ever understand the weather in Hobbs. I am just glad the Lord didn't call me to be a weather reporter. Anyway, I was in the laundry room starting another load when I realized how cold I was. The warm clothes from the dryer felt wonderful in my arms. And then I had a thought. Where do I find the most pleasure? Do I prefer to be hot or cold? Many of you could easily blurt out one or the other. But I realized the pleasure comes from being relieved from hot or cold. It is so wonderful to be shivering and someone offer a warm blanket next to the fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa. Or to be dripping with sweat and given a cool drink next to a high speed fan. What does this mean? When we walk in the middle of the road you tend to forget how blessed you are. If you never have a trial, you never have a victory. If we never walk in the valley, we don't notice how beautiful the mountain really is. Don't run from the situation you might be facing right now. Trust in the Lord and let Him bring your victory. You are a blessed child of God. He is always faithful and He will never leave you.

1 comment:

  1. Joyce Meyer just preached this same message Heather!!! Both Joyce and you are hearing from the big Holy Ghost!! Thanks again for sharing Heather!!

    ReplyDelete