Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Lot Can Happen!

I always complain that my boys don't ever let me sleep late. I am a night owl and no matter how early I know I will wake up, I can't make myself go to bed early. This morning my eyes popped open and I just knew it had to be 9:00. "What, Brady and Hud are still asleep?" Then I turned to look at the clock. It was 7:00 a.m. Now many of you may say, "That is sleeping in for me." I agree unless you go to bed at 1:00 a.m. I require a bit more sleep than that. So the house was quiet and I laid in my bed thinking. I started off thinking of this Ladies Retreat that is coming up on Thursday. I am so excited and I am trying to finalize the last few details. My thoughts began to take me back in time. Memories flooded my mind and a sense of pride filled my heart. We have come so far. Ty and I beat ourselves up so often. "Are we achieving our goals? Are we making a difference?" And then it came to me in waves. In June of 2003, CJC purchased this land and facilities from Connie Crow. We started here with a tin building, a house and horse stalls. In seven years our facilities have for the most part remained the same. We still meet in the same tin building but beautifully remodeled. There is still a beautiful house on the property but we have made it a home. And the horse stalls remain but they are no longer empty. The only structures we have added is the old west town, the brick entrance way and the fence. Ty and our secretary were the only ones on payroll. Ty has prayed fervently for a staff and volunteers. He continues to pray for this today. I INTERRUPT THIS BLOG FOR AN ANNOUNCEMENT...... This blog could be one of my longest so I decided to make a list instead of writing in book form. So here it goes.
Here is what happened in ONLY seven years:
*We have met in our building over 500 times for services.
*We added a Sunday service
*We hired a youth pastor, a children's pastor and worship leaders
*We have seen hundreds of people accept Christ as their Savior
*We started a school for our community-Crill
*We have a ministry called Blessings that works with children with special needs-Corrina
*We have given thousands of dollars to Missions
*We have given thousands of dollars to the Gideons
*We help with community outreach
*We put on a summer youth camp-Cigi and Clay
*We grow a couple thousand pumpkins for a few thousand people at an event called Fall Fest
*We put on other big days (New years' dance, 4th of July Celebration, and Super Bowl parties)-Starla
*We have an amazing women's ministry that has been on 4 retreats. We had 75 women attend the Christmas Progressive dinner last year
*We have brought our men together for softball, bow shoots, ropings and more
*We started ministries like Home groups and Parent's Night Out
*We have fed those who were sick or just had a baby
* We started a prayer ministry- Marie
*We are $24,000 away from canceling a $300,000 debt in ONLY 7 years
*We have had hundreds volunteer their time
*We have paid every bill on time and never missed a payroll check

I say "We" but I should really say "He". Look what God has done in just 7 years. And most of what I listed has happened in the last 3 years. If He can do this in 7, what can He do in 7 more. With God, we have laid a solid foundation to build upon. There are more souls to win, more ministries to begin and more lives to be touched. No matter where you are in your own life it is only a matter of time. So much can change in a moment. We haven't achieved all of our dreams but what a great start. Keep your eyes on Jesus and you won't believe what all He can do with just a little. Don't give up. Hold on to what God has promised you. Focus on what has been done and not what hasn't. I believe in each of you and I am excited to see what OUR futures hold.

4 comments:

  1. That's my girl. So proud of the woman you have become. So anointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog. God is working through Cowboy Junction. It gave me chills and brought me to tears.. all the things God has done. Thanks for perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ty & Heather - BOTH Jan and LaJeana are right! I am proud of the obedient, POWERFUL man and woman of God the 2ofyou continually GROW into. You teach us to keep our FOCUS on God and this list is a 'fruit' of that !!! WE ARE RICH PEOPLE! No amount of money could come close to putting a price on any one of these blessings He has poured out. We AWAIT to see what He has for CJC's future - TO GOD BE THE GLORY !!!
    THANK YOU - CJC FOLKS MAKE GOD SMILE !!

    ReplyDelete