Friday, July 23, 2010

God's Plans

Today in my bible reading time, I read the short book of Jonah. I noticed something that I had never noticed before. The word "arranged" was used 3 times. God "arranged" for a great fish to swallow Jonah up. He "arranged" for a leafy plant to grow and provide shade for Jonah. He also "arranged" for a worm to eat the plant. Arrange means: To put into a specific order, to plan or prepare for. The three arrangements that God made were after Jonah had disobeyed God. Isn't it comforting to know that even when we are walking in the wrong direction, God still has a plan for our life. He is making arrangements on our behalf. I love the scripture in Proverbs, "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." We have all sorts of plans for our life but it is God who makes the way. I want to encourage you to let God lead you. Notice that He is providing for you in every area of your life. He cares about your present and you future. He has forgotten your past. If you are on the wrong road, STOP MOVING! This blog was "arranged" by a loving Father who is using His daughter. It is like a spiritual U-Turn sign on the road you are traveling. It is never too late to turn back. If God is asking something of you, DO IT! Don't wait because God's plan is so much better than your own. I promise!! Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." I love you all and I believe you have a bright future ahead of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment