Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Blogging from Seattle.


Ty and I love the city of Seattle. It is full of culture, food and people. In fact, Ty has said many times that he would love to live here one day. He has called this city his favorite for more than 10 years now. But today I was reminded of something. There is no place like home. Judy Garland made this phrase famous years ago and I 100% agree. I have only been here for 2 days but I am so looking forward to driving down the Lovington Highway towards home. Today I watched a ritzy dressed lady walk into the Macy's department store probably ready to shop without even looking at the price tag. Just outside those large, double glass doors I watched another lady carry her life belongings in a single shopping bag while she searched for her next meal in the garbage can. I saw so many faces today as we walked these streets. Each of us so different from one another. I even leaned over to Ty at one time and reminded him how big God is. He shook his head and said, "I know." How can God love all of these people? How can God know the plans for each and every one of these interesting people? I had one answer come to mind. My God is BIG!!! I know this answer is so easy and obvious. But some times in the small town of Hobbs, you can forget. I don't understand it. I don't know how He does it. I can't wrap my mind around it. But that is why we call it FAITH. The substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. He has called us each by name. We were all created in His image. He knows the number of hairs on each of our heads. And my favorite thing is knowing that He is big enough to carry my cares. I don't have to walk around with the weight of the world on my shoulders. I can carry His yoke and it is light. From the rich lady in Macy's to the homeless woman digging in the trash, God holds us each in the very palm of His hands. Tonight we will have dinner in the city but I can't wait for pancakes tomorrow with my boys.

4 comments:

  1. You rock as a writer - maybe you will have to be a guest speaker in my class! LM

    ReplyDelete
  2. "There is no place like home!" After you speak in Lisa's room, you can come across the hall to mine! SB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anytime girls. Just give me a call. Thanks for posting. I like to know that people are reading. Love you both. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your blog. I am a people watcher also. While driving in town I watch people in the other cars and pray for those who look like they could use a little stress relief. MS

    ReplyDelete