Friday, November 30, 2012

It's been awhile!

Hello there blogging world!  I'm sorry it's been so long since my last post.  I took a break to put some priorities in their proper place.  I find that every once in a while I need to re-evaluate my life and ask the Lord a few questions.  Sometimes He answers quickly and other times I have to wait.

I have found myself in a new season of life.  I am confident that God has called me to write and to teach.  But at this particular time I am certain that my role as wife and mother are the most important.  Many of you may say, "Duh."  Although I knew my husband and children were at the top of my list, I tried to pack so many other things onto that list.  With twenty things on my list it didn't matter who was number 1 or number 20.  None of them got the best of me.  We know this as "spread too thin."  Ty says many times that you have to say a thousand no's to just one yes.  This is so hard but so true.

At this time I am learning to be patient and content right where God has me.  I'm reminded of David.  He had just been told that he would be the next King but he had to go back out and watch sheep until the appointed time.  How frustrating that must have been!  You are next in line to rule a nation but you have to keep watching sheep until that day comes.  Though I have not been called to kingship, God has shown me snip-its of His plan for my life.  I'm super excited for Him to bring me to the places He has for me.  But in my spirit I know it is just not time.

Maybe you are there too.  You may be waiting on your future mate, your freedom from financial debt or your perfect job opportunity.   Most of the time waiting is not much fun.  But I am learning to trust God.  I trust that He has the best in store for me.  I trust that He will not fail me.  And I am also aware that there is much to be done while I wait.

I encourage you to ask the Lord what He is wanting you to focus on while you wait for His best.  Don't get frustrated and run to plan B.  Wait on the Lord for plan A.  What can you do while you wait?  David watched and protected his sheep.  Which made him a great ruler over men.  I'm searching my husbands heart and reminding him that I am his biggest fan.  I am also spending quality time with my kiddos because they are growing up way too fast.  What has God told you to do?  I can promise you that in God's economy nothing is wasted.  That's something my friend Crill taught me years ago.

One of the worst mistakes we can make is to rush into action.  "But those who wait on the Lord, Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate this, Heather! As old as I am (55) I'm still an impatient person. It's been recently, thru some major life changes, that I've begun to really have a sense of calmness while waiting on God's perfect plan to be made manifest to me. I know He loves me. I know He loves those I pray for and am concerned about. I know He has the perfect plan for us all. So, how can I not wait and trust?! :-)

    ReplyDelete