Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Seek and Find

All kids love the game of Hide and Seek. It is a childhood favorite. It's fun to watch little ones play because they never stay hidden long enough to be found. As soon as the counter says the famous words,"Ready or not here I come," they spring from their hiding place giggling uncontrollably. The game then turns into a great game of tag. The older you get, no one wants to be it because it can take awhile to find the ones hiding. Hiding places get better and silence is a must. This leaves the seeker feeling lost, alone and somewhat insecure. "Are they playing a trick on me?" "Am I walking right past them but I can't see them?" So of course this got me to thinking. I realized how blessed we are that God is not hiding. He clearly says in Jerimiah 29:13 "And you will seek Me and findl Me, when you search for Me with all your heart." God is not hiding from you or me. He is just waiting for a relationship with us. He wants to be known by His children. I love the story of the prodigal son. When the father sees his son coming from a distance, he runs to him. It didn't matter where he had been or what he had done. This was his son and he had come home. Take a step towards your Heavenly Father and He will meet you where you are. We serve a good God. We serve a faithful and loving God. When you find Him, you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment