Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Do It Right Now!

I'm sitting in the hospital surgical waiting room in Lubbock Texas at this very moment.. My soon to be 90 year old grandfather is having a brain tumor the size of an avocado removed today. We are believing for a miracle. He has lived a wonderful, long life but we are not ready to say goodbye. Are we ever? Two things have come to mind as we sit and wait. Number one, my family could not always sit together and be cordial to one another. There was a lot of unforgiveness and bitterness. Sometimes the awkwardness was so bad that you didn't know what to do. It took an uncle of mine discovering he had cancer before forgiveness was given. When you are afraid of dying, you will often reach out before it is too late. So as we sit here today there is no weird vibes floating in the air. We are laughing, playing cards, eating from a massive gift basket and racing to be the first to finish a Suduko puzzle. Never thought we would be here. My word for you is to not wait to say you are sorry. DO IT RIGHT NOW! My uncle was blessed to have a chance to make peace. But too many people die with regrets or they leave someone behind to live with guilt. Don't be one of the two. Forgiveness can be the greatest gift you can give to yourself or someone else. Secondly, I want to encourage you to tell someone you love them. You may never hold a grudge but you hold your tongue from letting someone know what they mean to you. You can never say you love someone too much. You can never encourage someone more than they need. We all need to hear it but the funny thing is, we all need to say it. It is a proven fact that it is more blessed to give than to receive. So, DO IT RIGHT NOW!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is all so true!! I have realized all too well that bitterness and anger hurt the one that holds on to it much more than the one it is held against. It really keeps the one that holds on to it in bondage...and I daily see the physical effects of bitterness and resentment (which is anger held) in my practice. Jesus really did know what he was saying when he said to forgive those that wrong you...imagine that! One thing that we can trust in is that God is a God of justice. We need to just let go and let God! You are right, life is too short to hold grudges...no matter how badly you have been hurt. Its time to enjoy life...NOW!!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Tiffany. So glad you are a part of our life. You have so much wisdom and I love to hear your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather so well spoken I know the story of your family and it is awesome GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME! Bitterness and Anger just makes people phyically sick and we will all learn soon enough. I'm so very thankful you are in my life. I love you and and yours. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, I love reading your blog. And you are so right about anger and bitterness and the need to say I'm sorry. Some of my family have so much bitterness and anger towards each other that they just don't seem to get how it hurts the whole family not just them. I am so glad that God put you and Cowboy Junction Church into my life.

    ReplyDelete