Monday, January 25, 2010

You Are Never Alone!


"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8 This is one of my favorite scriptures. So many times in life we feel alone but the Word of God says that we are never alone. Praise God! Once again I am reminded that it is not how you feel but what you know. This is why reading the Word is powerful. It reminds us of God's promises. We can't stand on them if we don't know them. Although this is a life changing point, it is not my main reason for writing today. I want to remind you that there are others who have gone through or are going through a similar trial as you may be walking through. The enemy gets us by making us think that we are the only ones who have ever dealt with our particular problem. It is a lie. But when you believe the lie, you keep your thoughts to yourself. You don't want anyone to know your struggles. You tell yourself that no one will understand. "They might think I am crazy." "I will just deal with it on my own." But the truth is, you don't have to make your journey alone. There are fellow Christians who have gone through the same fire as you and they have words of Wisdom to share. They can stand with you in prayer. They can fight alongside you. Ask the Lord to show you someone in your life who can be a safe place to run. If you are the one who has the testimony, don't be afraid to share that with others. Your testimony can change the life of another. It can keep someone from having to go to the depths that you once visited. God should be our first cry for help but don't forget that He will use others to encourage you along the way. "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." Ecclesiastes 4:12

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I am the "queen" of believing the lie that I am the only one to feel this way or I also believe that people get TIRED of hearing me be sad or worried or sick. Thank you for your encouraging words by letting HIM work through you! I depend on HIS word daily. love you, sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely! We all experience our own fiery furnace from time to time. I know I have, but it brings me to think of how God is likend to an all consuming fire...I believe that if we will submit to him and draw close to him instead of trying to run from the fire, he will draw near to us and protect us from that fire. Shadrack, Meshack, and Abednego all embraced God IN the fire instead of running from it...this is a picture of the absolute faith in KNOWING that God will reach out and do the rest. If we are able to walk through that fire knowing that the flames will not destroy us for God is there in the fire holding our hand, it becomes a refining fire for our ultimate benefit and growth. On that note, I have experienced the many ways that God reaches out to us in that fire. He uses people, that means you and me. He uses a kind act, a kind encouraging word exactly when you need it, a hug, a pat on the back, and sometimes even a smile. WE are to be his hands, his feet, his heart for others that are hurting...for we will ALL experience that dreadful place in our lives. If we are too afraid to reach out to others to share our hurts or our past experiences, we shut ourselves off from experiencing part of the mighty provision of God...that which I am joyfull to say that I have fully experienced! To All of those that have allowed God to use them in order to help my healing I say "Thank You". I hope to pass the same on to others who will walk through the fire I've walked. Don't hide...Don't isolate yourself and believe the lies that you are the only one who feels the scorching flame. You are not. =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete